Name:
Location: Alexandria, Virginia, United States

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Quick Intro
Name: Dr. P. Haystack
Occupation: Booze Hound and Runner
Age: 27
Sex: Yes please
Hometown: Alexandria, VA
Organizations
Hash House Harrier (DC Area)
Club 10-56 Relay for Life Charity Fund Raiser Team
DC Road Runners Club

Now on to the non-boring crap:

Well, I finally went ahead and did it. I sent in the entry form for my first marathon. I have a simple goal, sub 3 hrs. People have told me that my goal should be to just finish… well that is my goal… to just finish… under 3 hrs. Well, that’s my stretch goal really, my ultimate goal is to hit a Boston Marathon Qualifier which is like 3:09, 7 minute per mile pace. I ran a 5K a couple of weeks ago at the Paul VI Runfest and posted an 18:10 (5:50 per mile pace) off of little training. I am scheduled to run a ½ marathon in December, where I will reevaluate my goals.

I am lucky in that my work sends me on travel on occasion and on this occasion I am getting sent to Hawaii for four weeks. I leave this Saturday. I’ll be on the isle of Kauai, a beautiful island with absolutely no night life what-so-ever. This is great since it will give me four weeks to jumpstart my training. You see, Kauai is a couples honeymoon island and they don’t have any night life cause they assume everyone there will be spending their time like any good newlywed and be in their condos and hotels scrumpin’ away.

Haystack Dictionary Entry #1
Scrumpin’ – v. To Fuck like Rabbits

Luckily, I’ll be off Kauai for a week and hitting Oahu, particularly Honolulu and Waikiki. The night life there is jumping, the women are hot and the drinks are cheap. There are also a couple chapters of the Hash House Harriers on Oahu that I want to hook up with. The Hash House Harriers are a “drinking club with a running problem” and I belong to a DC chapter of the group. The nice thing about the various chapters of this organization is that just about anywhere I go I have people to instantly hang out with… except for when I travel to Kauai that is.

Speaking of travel, I really need to get my ass in gear and start packing. Tomorrow I am going to hang out with the Hash and on Friday I’ll probably do a happy hour with KP, so tonight, I must pack!




4 Comments:

Blogger Cptn S.A. Ho said...

Welcome to the addiction of tha blog!!! I'm lookin forward to many Haystack Dictionary Entries!

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! that's a damn fine goal! i wont even mention how slow i run. but i havent done any marathons...yet. only up to 13.6 miles. good luck!

oh...i saw this via late nite drive thru's blog.

on on!

12:15 PM  
Blogger Late Nite Drive Thru said...

did you put that definition in there for lil' ol' me? I guess I can use all the additional SexEd 501 terms I can use...

7:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the warning about the lack of HHH kennels on Kauai. I was looking for a run while I was there next July.

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home