Name:
Location: Alexandria, Virginia, United States

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

(Re)discovering My Inner Kenyan

Aloha! That’s Hawaiianese for hello… Anyways, I’m out here in sunny Hawaii catching some rays, beach combin’ for some hotties and getting some serious running in. I’m treating this business trip like the running camp I attended back in high school. This means concentrating on the miles, eating properly and getting my sleep. Of course there is that whole work bit, but it is what it is and I’m working around it best I can.

Yesterday was a “doubles” day. This means waking up early. I woke up at 4 am… well, it was 4 here, but it felt like 10… cause body said it was 10, cause that’s the time it was back home. Well I tried to sleep for a couple more hours, but finally got up and laced up my running shoes. The weather was perfect early in the morning. It would have been the perfect run, except for the whole wind blowing around 30 MPH on the stretch of road I was running on. I put in 4ish miles

I went out for a second “20 minute” run in the late afternoon. In this type of run I head out for about 12 minutes at an easy pace and then haul ass on the way back trying to finish up at 20 minutes or faster.

Today I went for an easy 4 miles. As I headed out I saw some nasty rain clouds coming towards me. On this island it can go from sunny to torrential downpour back to sunny all within 30 minutes. Fortunately I lucked out and made it back to my condo before the sky broke open. My legs already feel dead, but a good dead, the type where you know you are waking em up after a long slumber.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home