Name:
Location: Alexandria, Virginia, United States

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

6 Pack 10K

Quick update: More from my trip to come later...

DC has the Hash Rules Beer mile: 72 oz of your beverage of choice, 4 laps… any order you want. The Honolulu Hawaii Hash House Harriers (H5) has their own unique beer competition: The 6-Pack 10K. Six beers, 6 miles… a beer at the start of every mile. I’ve never run the beer mile, but I figured I’d try at least one beer race this year. This year was the 12th time this event has taken place.

I think I represented DC properly by finishing in 3rd out of 50 participants. I was running with the eventual winner through 4 beer checks and was actually leading him out of the beer checks, EWH3 has given me the proper training to down a beer pretty quickly, at least compared to these islanders. I was about to take the lead when I got into a fight with a curb and went down like a cheerleader on prom night busting open my knees, scraping my chest and bruising my palms. I was able to get up and hobble my way to the 5th beerend and almost caught up with the leader and the guy who got second (he passed me after I fell). We finished about 10 minutes before the 4th guy came in. We finished in about 45 minutes and apparenlty we all ran faster than the previous 11 winners. The guy who DFLed came in about an hour and a half later.

Haystack Dictionary Entry #8

DFL – n. Dead Fucking Last

The winner was a hasher named Little Hummer Boy and he was followed by a hasher named Jiffy. I missed out on the lovely plaque of framed bottle caps from the beer selection during the run, but I did get a pretty cool t-shirt for my efforts. Unfortunately, that was my only hash experience on this trip as I was working 10-13 hour days the entire week... but more on the week from hell that was... later...

1 Comments:

Blogger Late Nite Drive Thru said...

now you should know I know the meaning of DFL as I use it every other posting! come on! I need more Sex Ed 501 classes!

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home