Name:
Location: Alexandria, Virginia, United States

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Return to the blog, sick as a dog.

Upfront, no humor, just thinking out loud, no haystack dictionary.

Here I sit in front of my laptop, watching the movie "The Mummy" and eating some tasty lasagna on a Saturday evening. Apparently my body has decided to say "Fuck you" cause I've been sick something nasty for about a week now. My eyes have a healthy reddish glow to them at the moment.

I had a vareity of stuff to I coulda done this evening, by I really need to nip this cold if I want to get healthy for the upcoming marathon. If I wasn't sick I'd either be at a party in Fairfax or bugging bartender friend over at Baileys. Also, I think a freind is showing off his new apartment but I think he is trying to keep it a small group or something.

But its good to have a night at home sometimes. I've been running ragged for the last couple of months. I've been hitting the mega training runs, got a promotion at work and am now on the mismanagement of a local hash kennel. Sad to say, but the mega runs are the least stressful part of my life at the moment. That, plus the lack of sleep probably has a lot to do with it as well. In other words, I'm doing too damn much. Needless to say, I also have serious concerns that my marathon goals, but thats another rambing thought for another time.

I am going to start helping a running friend raise money for one of those aids marathon. Raise "X" amount and she gets to go to run a marathon is some foreign country, ect. ect. Of course I may raise the money for myself... running through the streets of Forence sound slike fun.

Hopefully when I don't feel and look like death, I'll bring back the funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home